Monday, January 13, 2014

The Fate Of An Old Neighborhood And The 2040 Plan.



By  C.  Henry Adams

Its interesting to note that just yesterday while performing an odd job for a Neighbor in my Neighborhood ( " Village " ), another neighbor mentioned that we were possibly under siege by Transportation Authorities or something much bigger wanting to take portions of our residential area.  By the way, this was NOT the first person of several individuals to mention these things to me.

You see,  the village that I grew up in is caught between two Interstates (I-285 and I-20) and MARTA.

It was discovered that MARTA wanted to come through our area possibly a decade or more ago, as well as, other powers to be just a few years ago mentioned widening I-20 on our side of the Interstate.

No wonder Linkwood Road in Atlanta have no sidewalks or why Collier Heights Elementary School building no longer exist. (Possible False Assumptions)   Wait, maybe I'm being paranoid.

Let's see, the community called, 'Collier Heights' was originally divided into ( 4 ) four quadrants.  Why is Quadrant 1 and not 2, 3, or 4 designated as historical districts?   Would the real reason be about plans such as 2040?

You know what,  maybe I'm being paranoid.  

Well anyway, I guess its best to let the facts that we do know, speak for themselves.

So, what do you think?



Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write A Comment And Tell Us What You Think.

C HENRY BLOGS ARCHIVE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner