Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The Memory of Mr. James Evans


By C. Henry Adams

Often times, I would speak of a Modern-Day Tribe from whence I've come from called, "Kevin Heights Neighborhood".   This area is located in the City of Atlanta, Georgia and part of the Community of Collier Heights.  It is a special place, because of its unique ability to raise children while forming them into thriving, productive Adults.

On Sunday morning,  August 14th 2016, God called home a greatly admired individual whom I had the honor to know throughout my life here in Atlanta, Georgia.  Unique to some and not to others, from my youth into adulthood, I only knew him as Mr. Evans.

In fact, it took the realization of that particular actuality, to settle in my mind when a Neighbor ( A person the same age as myself.) who I grew up with, kept calling me by my 'Last Name' as I walked my dog through the neighborhood when his kids were present. 

Why do I make that assimilation?  

Observing the aforementioned occurrence; one day I pass by this nearby resident again, then stopped to greet him and ask his reasoning for his actions.

He simply stated, " C., do you remember when we grew up here?  We always address the Adults & Elders with 'Mr. or Mrs.' respectfully.   It is my intent to teach my children to follow in the same manner."

Thus, explaining the reasoning for calling Mr. James Evans.

Nevertheless, Mr. James Evans was and is a great Elder.  I recall several times when the Neighborhood called on Mr. & Mrs. Evans to support concerns in our community for decades and they gave wholeheartedly.

The above image attached with this blog identifies a superb quality of Mr. James Evans. It exemplify the fact, that he was always there to give his support to Kevin Heights Neighborhood and the Collier Heights Community while standing firmly in the background.

Finally,  two weeks ago, I pass by Mr. James Evans and greeted him.  I mentioned to him my future plans and he spoke highly of his Sons doing well here, as well as, abroad.

He will be missed, but not forgotten.  We greatly appreciated his wise guidance with counsel.

Well, these are my thoughts.  What say you?  Thanks for reading our blogs!

Funeral Services for Mr. James Evans:

Friday, August 19th 2016

11:00 am  EST

New Hope Baptist Church
236 Richardson Street SW
Atlanta, Georgia 30312



Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write A Comment And Tell Us What You Think.

C HENRY BLOGS ARCHIVE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner