Sunday, October 2, 2016

Understanding Risk As It Relates To Business, Family and Relationships



by C. Henry Adams

Today is Sunday, Oct. 2nd 2016 and I decided to write this blog in the middle of watching the Atlanta Falcons play the Carolina Panthers at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia.

To some who are fans of either NFL Football Team, this act would appear a bit disturbing; when perhaps in their minds, I should be watching the game.  Well, believe it or not, I would have to concur with those particular Fans of either Team.   Why?  Well, for me NFL Football is a favorite past-time of mine during this season.

However, I'm going to do or say something that from a business outlook and standpoint, I would normally advise not to do.  That would be related to getting personal.  A risk is defined as being exposed to danger, harm or loss. Note: Risks are not always avoidable.  Hopefully, from my personal example of a risk, others could learn a valuable lesson directly or indirectly.

As an African American Male period, it is not always effortless in operating a business. Whether you are Man or Woman of any Race, Creed or National Origin- your journey in running a business is not always easy neither; please allow me to voice that thought more clearly.

No Human Being that I happen to know of on this Earth is perfect, which includes me, myself and I.   But,  to be successful in any and every endeavor in life, you must except failure as a reality.

Today, I failed to make a particular woman that I had genuine interest in smile.  I failed to comprehend her, read between the lines and now it is time for me to move forward and onward.

The question you might ask is...   C. Henry, why are you sharing this personal information on your business related blog?  ( Disclaimer: My answer is not pertaining to my personal relationship:)   Believe it or not, building a great business relationship with a client starts with you (the person).   Nevertheless, if failure occur when in an attempt to accomplish a goal in mind; accept it and , learn from it.  Then, forgive the situation or person, forgive yourself and move forward.

There are always indicators of failure when you take steps that are risky period.   Whether you thought it thoroughly out,  gathered all the intelligence to make the right moves, avoid the pitfalls and toke the right steps;  something could still go wrong.

A personal, family or business relationship could all have similar functions in development, as well as, risk.

Think about that for a moment while I catch up on the Falcons vs. Panthers NFL Football Game.  By the way, its the 3rd Quarter with 4:57 left in time on the clock.  Falcons 31, Panthers 10.

To understand risks taken, consider building your strengths when developing your business.

Recently, Gallup Polls posted Strengths-Based Development: Leadership's Role information.   According to the polls, business that utilize Strengths-Based Development, profits increase 29%.

So, what is Strengths-Based Development? Strengths-Based Development is perhaps increasing your strengths or tasks that you perform well.   I would suggest that you utilize this process to overcome obstacles or failures due to risk taken to eventually accomplish a particular goal in business.    Basically, do not dwell on despair as a result of a particular risk that end in failure, instead, continue to move forward.

Oh, by the way, the Atlanta Falcons beat the Carolina Panthers, 48 to 33.   Well, those are my thoughts. What say you?  Thanks for reading our blogs!

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write A Comment And Tell Us What You Think.

C HENRY BLOGS ARCHIVE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner