Sunday, October 23, 2016

Breast Cancer Awareness In Atlanta, Ga


by C. Henry Adams

Did you know that Breast Cancer is the most common cancer that Women of the United States could possibly get, after skin cancer?

Well, I did not know until one of my Business Mentors whom I conduct commerce with - "tricked me" (LOL) or I should I say inadvertently invited me to attend a Breast Cancer Event at the Historical  M. W. Prince Hall Grand Lodge East located on Auburn Ave. in Atlanta, Georgia; while the Atlanta Falcons, played the San Diego Chargers at the Georgia Dome on Sunday, October 23rd 2016.

To my surprise, it truly was a honor to hear Retired US Army Sgt. Major Tunya Bails give her account of how she overcame breast cancer. In fact, she received a standing ovation from the audience which consist mostly of Women.  As a male, I truly learn a lot from Sgt. Major Bails shared testimony.  I feel she is a Lady that is blessed and is a blessing to others.

She encourage the audience to do their research on any illness diagnosed.  She also encourage everyone to keep the faith, stay positive and surround themselves with people who truly are willing to give of himself or herself through actions, as opposed to words during such an illness.  She mentioned being told that she should have died in one instant of her lecture.  She mentioned how she planned her funeral, but it was obvious that this Beautiful Lady had a Strong Will and desire to Live.  She also had Family and Friends in her life to encourage her...

After hearing this Great Breast Cancer Survivor (Retired Sgt. Tunya Bails) and the reading of poetry; I sorta slipped out the Lodge to catch the Falcons & Chargers game.  I wish I had stayed.  (LOL) But, I thank the Atlanta Falcons and San Diego Chargers for supporting the Fight Against Breast Cancer and I gained more understanding of how important it is to help defeat the battle against Cancer overall. Well, these are my thoughts, what say you? Thanks for reading our blogs!







Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write A Comment And Tell Us What You Think.

C HENRY BLOGS ARCHIVE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner